ESI Group is seeking an experienced Software Developer For a New, cutting-edge product for predictive analytics on IoT data in industrial domains. This product leverages Apache Spark machine learning, custom visualizations, and an intuitive GUI to bring the power of advanced analytics to engineering, manufacturing, and in-service applications.
The candidate must demonstrate a broad knowledge and proven track record in software development for web applications with experience in both frontend and backend. An interest and knowledge of visual analytics is helpful. This individual will join a talented, focused team with a start-up mentality that thrives on innovative development in a collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, maintain, and improve a web application for predictive analytics.
- Support backend web application in Java/Tomcat /Spring.
- Improve and refine UX design.
- Design, develop and automate test cases for software verification and quality assurance.
- Work effectively in a collaborative development environment.
- Meet project milestones in an iterative, continuous development process.
- MS/BS degree in CS with 5 years professional experience in software development, and at least 3 years on web applications (frontend and backend).
- Experience with HTML5, D3, SVG, and CSS.
- Knowledge of RESTful services and APIs.
- Familiar with SQL databases (e.g. mySQL).
- Understanding of good UX design, and ability to implement it.
- Understanding of responsive and mobile designs.
- Proficient working within the full software development spectrum: version control (Git), compilers, debuggers, performance measurement tools for Linux and Windows.
- Good problem-solving, math and algorithmic skills.
- Familiar with the Agile (Scrum) development process.
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both verbally and written (in English).
- Understanding of database software, data structures and algorithms, and data interactions.
- Communications: WebSocket, REST.
- Knowledge of Spring Framework.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and/or machine learning frameworks (e.g. R).
- Knowledge and interest in time-series data analytics and visualization.
- Workplace: Valencia.