We are recruiting a Data Engineer.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / nonfunctional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and different PAAS 'big data' technologies.
- Build Analytical Microservices that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Buisness & IT teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support company needs.
- Create a set of data tools/products for analytics and data scientist team members that allow us to scale out.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems Qualifications for Data Engineer.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
Our ideal data engineer:
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Cassandra, Hbase, Big Table, Mongo.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, Azure, Google.
- Experience with stream-processing systems & IoT: Storm, SparkStreaming, Flint.
- Experience developing Microservices and with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- High level of English.
Lugar de trabajo: Madrid.